1.- The Pincio Christmas tree Il Pincio, the terrace overlooking…
Tips: All roads conduct to Rome. When in Rome, do as the Romans do. Rome wasn’t built in one day.
1. Rome’s would-be founders, Romulus & Remus, were conceived by Rhea Silvia from god Mars or demi-god Hericules. They were abondoned in the Tiber River by Amulius to die, saved by miracles and suckled by a female-wolf.
2. Pantheon means ‘of all gods’. Legend tells, an eagle took the carcass of Romulus (founder of Rome) to heaven from this area.
3. Rome is made up of seven hills east of the Tiber river with in the ancient city. The hills are: Aventine, Caelian, Capitoline, Esquiline, Palatine, Quirinal and Viminal.
4. Augustus established the first Roman Empire in 44 B.C. and Romulus Augustulus was the last emperor.
5. Rome is located on the banks of the Tiber river, which is an important outlet to the sea through Ostia port.
6. Ancient and modern Rome have one important thing in common, large number of gods or modern day saints.
7. Rome is a seat to Roman Catholic church and Vatican city.
8. Vatican city, might mean ‘the hill of prophecy’.
9. SPQR: stands for Senātus Populusque Rōmānus (literally meaning “The Senate and People of Rome“).
10. Rome is full of beautiful architectures, sculptures and paintings.