His name says it all: Steve McCurry. Until September 20th,…
As any other city on earth, Rome has good and bad sides. Here are some precautions to avoid bad lucks.
1. Get clear info of the areas you plan to visit either from the hotel you are staying or Tourist Information kiosks.
2. Ask your hotel reception where you can leave your valuables secure. In any case bring with you photocopy of your documents.
3. Get full info (telephone & address) or business card of the hotel you are staying. This info is helpful in case you get lost.
4. Be equipped with a map (preferably with your hotel indicated clearly).
5. Watch out where you leave your phones, notebooks or cameras.
6. Pull your backpack on the front, especially on public transportation.
7. Don’t, for any reason board a bus or train with out a ticket or unvalidated ticket. Anyone caught with unvalidated ticket is regarded as ‘with out a ticket’. If you don’t find the obliterator machine, either consult the bus driver or write the date & time (h,mm) of boarding with a pen.
8. Getting drunk in a city that you don’t know well might be a snare, and if one does it is friends’ responsibility to accompany him/her back to hotel.
9. Don’t put credit card, wallet, money, cell phones or else on side or back pockets. Advisable to keep’em in the front pocket. If your are pick-pocketed go to the nearest Police Station and they will release you a compliant paper. And call your bank.
10. Better not to leave your friend alone, especially girls, with some one you just met.
11. Late at night, it is always advisable to roam the city in two or more.
12. To avoid long queues in museums or sites, buy Skip line tickets or reserve a visit via phone or internet.
13. Ask your hotel to order you a cab. If you got cheated by a driver or lost something on the car, your hotel knows who to contact.