Our Blogger: Rhodora –Looking for a unique romantic evening in…
The American pavilion at Expo Milano 2015 will be showing us the role of the U.S.A. in food production activities, from the past till today. We will be told the history of American food, with great attention on culture, science and business related aspects.
Interactive exhibits and state-of-the-art digital media will highlight American industry, products, and entrepreneurship in the farem of sustainability, nutrition and health, technology and innovation.
The pavilion was designed by architect James Biber of Biber Architects in New York. It is a 35,000 square foot space within Expo Milano’s 3.6 million square foot sustainable “smart city.” The building is a multi-level experience that flows with activity from top to bottom, side to side, and it includes a massive vertical farm that will be harvested daily. Undoubtedly visitors will be intrigued by these features as well:
– transparent technology wall that shows the inner workings of the pavilion
– wood repurposed from the original Coney Island boardwalk
– installations, events, and exhibits throughout
– rooftop terrace and cafe
– gathering space, courtyard, and VIP meeting spaces
– retail merchandising space
– grove of oak trees, the national tree of the USA
For more information check out the official website or contact us at Hotel Des Artistes, as Rome & Milan will be sharing lots of events during Expo Milano 2015!